Jon Paul’s stories for Bon Appétit include a feature about Caribbean resorts in Jamaica and Virgin Gorda working with local farmers to improve access to organic produce, a round-up of Austin’s burgeoning farm-to-table movement, and an upcoming interview with acclaimed hotel and restaurant designer Adam Tihany.
For Condé Nast Traveler, he has written about drug-trafficking crime’s affect on Mexican tourism, a journey around Florida’s “Redneck Riviera” in a Mercedes, a “Day of the Dead” overnight camp out in a Mexico City cemetery, and secrets of the Appalachian Trail from Whole Foods Market CEO John Mackey. He has traveled the globe for the magazine—from Melbourne to Rio—reviewing numerous hotels, restaurants, nightclubs and spas—links below. To watch video clips of Jon Paul on Condé Nast Traveler specials on the Travel Channel, click here.
Jon Paul is the travel expert for GayWeddings.com, the leading online resource for same sex commitment ceremonies. He contributes a regular column called “Destination: Taste” about planning the perfect destination wedding as well as tips on romantic gay honeymoon spots.
- Dallas 2009, Hotel Review, Stoneleigh Hotel and Spa, Condé Nast Traveler, May 2009
- Dallas 2008, Hotel Review, Ritz-Carlton Dallas, Condé Nast Traveler, May 2008; and Spa Review, Ritz-Carlton Dallas, Condé Nast Traveler, May 2008
- Austin 2007, Restaurant Review, Bess Bistro, Condé Nast Traveler, May 2007; Nightlife Review, The Belmont, Condé Nast Traveler, May 2007; Hotel Review, Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort, Condé Nast Traveler, May 2007; Spa Review, Spa Django at Hyatt Regency Lost Pines, Condé Nast Traveler, May 2007.
- Dallas 2007, Spa Review, ReFresh at Whole Foods Market, Condé Nast Traveler, May 2007.
- Melbourne, Australia, Nightlife Review, Rooftop Cinema, Condé Nast Traveler, May 2007.
- Palm Springs, Nightlife Review, Mini Bar at The Parker Palm Springs, Condé Nast Traveler, May 2006
- Puerto Vallarta, Restaurant Review, Thierry Blouet de Cocina de Autor, Condé Nast Traveler, May 2005
- Rio de Janeiro, Nightlife Review, Oi Noites Cariocas, Condé Nast Traveler, May 2005
- Cape Town, Nightlife Review, Caveau Wine Bar & Deli, South Africa, Condé Nast Traveler, May 2005
- London, Nightlife Review, Egg, Condé Nast Traveler, March 2004
- Philadelphia, Restaurant Review, Morimoto, Condé Nast Traveler, May 2002
- Barbados, Restaurant Review, The Cliffs, Condé Nast Traveler, July 2001
- Guatemala, Hotel Review, Casa Palopó, Condé Nast Traveler, May 2001